We are living in extraordinary times. While political tensions and dangers dominate the headlines, another story is taking place simultaneously which gets little coverage: the growing consciousness of awakening humanity and the increasing world public opinion marshalling to save our planet and organize life differently to ensure a peaceful, sustainable and better world for all.
As we stand at the crossroads making our critical decision – to continue on the same path leading to environmental catastrophe or change direction – there are four key factors that affect our decision.
- We are at the start of a new, pivotal period in our history called the Age of Aquarius.
- The World Teacher awaited by all the major religious faiths is emerging now.
- Humanity is waking up to its responsibility to create a safe and sustainable planet.
- Renewable energy solutions are revolutionizing the energy and transportation industry.
1.According to the late Scottish author, artist and esotericist Benjamin Creme (1922-2016), a huge transition of life on planet Earth correlates with the transition from one Age, or cosmic cycle, to another. This is an astronomical, scientific fact, and it affects humanity enormously as the new energy of Aquarius increasingly impacts our planet.
The age of Pisces ran for 2,200 years and is now ending. The Piscean energy greatly influenced our civilization, but since its energies began to recede from 1625, the new energy from the constellation Aquarius has been taking its place, increasingly affecting our planet. These new energies have different qualities and create harmony, synthesis and unity in diversity.
Broadly speaking, the young and progressive people in the world respond to the new energy and yearn for more harmonious ways of living together, based on co-operation and what is best for the whole; while the older generation and more reactionary forces in the world, continue to respond to the old, familiar, out-going Piscean energy that works through competition and individuality.
So, we find ourselves standing at a crossroads: half responding to the old energy; and half responding to the new energy. It is literally a struggle between the way of the ‘individual’ and the way of the ‘group’; between competition and co-operation; between the old Age and the new Age.
- Students of the Ageless Wisdom Teaching – first introduced by Helen Blavatsky (Theosophical Society) and Alice A. Bailey (Lucis Trust), and in the last 40 years by Benjamin Creme (Share International) – know that at the beginning of every New Age a teacher comes to guide humanity and teach new lessons needed to progress. These teachers from the past are well known: Confucius, the Buddha, Shankaracharya, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, Krishna. The Ageless Wisdom Teaching understands that all these teachers came from the same source, and that the core of their teaching is the same essential truth.
Just like at the beginning of every New Age, a teacher has come again now to help humanity. His name is Maitreya, the World Teacher, and he fulfils the expectations of the major religious faiths, as the one awaited as Christ to Christians, Maitreya Buddha to Buddhists, Krishna or Kalki Avatar to Hindus, the Messiah to Jews, and the Imam Mahdi to Muslims.
However, he does not come as a ‘religious’ leader, but a spiritual teacher, and is here to teach humanity how to live together in peace, as one family, and to recognize our divinity.
He does not come alone, but with his group, the Masters of Wisdom, to guide humanity at this time of huge change.
- In a world population of 7 billion people, 50 per cent are under the age of 30, and the younger generation naturally responds to the new energies of Aquarius. As seen in many peaceful demonstrations around the world, young people are waking up to the global problems, demanding action and calling for change, particularly for the ecological emergency. Working in groups they recognize their responsibility to save and rebuild the world and understand the perils of inaction and complacency. Swedish schoolgirl Greta Thunberg is an example of how a group can quickly form with a powerful message to inspire world public opinion about the climate emergency, through their global group action of Friday school strikes for climate. Peaceful protest and demands for change, particularly from young people, is growing all over the world.
4. At the same time new innovations and technologies are now readily available for humanity to transition to clean energy and end the outworn use of burning fossil fuels which have created the extreme climate events, rising sea-levels, pollution and increasing climate-driven refugee crises. Cheap, portable, off-grid solar energy can now power the remotest of homes in poor regions of the world, bringing clean energy and internet access to all. Renewable energy and electric transportation can transform the way we live. Advancements in robotics used in industry can relieve the burden of millions to create the artefacts we need for daily living, freeing people to experience leisure time and explore their innate creativity for the first time. New ways of living, working and organizing our lives, for the betterment of humanity, are just around the corner. Co-operation and sharing will be key to solving our major economic, political and social crises.
In Benjamin Creme’s book The Awakening of Humanity he wrote: “It is a spiritual crisis through which humanity is going today: we do not know who we are. We have forgotten the reality of our being. That spiritual crisis is focused through the political and economic fields, and unless we can create spiritual political and economic institutions, we will not know peace or justice, and human evolution would cease on this planet. That is the nature of the crisis: to discover who we are.”
Gill Fry is a Share International volunteer based in London, UK.
For information about our regular free events visit: www.share-international.org/uk
The Prayer of the New Age
I am the creator of the universe.
I am the father and mother of the universe.
Everything came from me.
Everything shall return to me.
Mind, spirit and body are my temples,
For the Self to realize in them
My supreme Being and Becoming.
The Prayer for the New Age, given by Maitreya, the World Teacher, is a great mantram or affirmation with an invocative effect. If it is said seriously every day, there will grow inside you a realization of your true Self.